Friday, October 16, 2009

You just want me to say what you want me to say...


Hey

Greetings... Once again, mumblings in my mind refusing to take any concrete shape have brought me to an empty screen... So, lemme try and paint you a picture...

Tom Spanbauer stressed that life is too precious to spend it writing tame, conventional stories to which you have no personal attachment... I completely agree Mr. Spanbauer... Do google him to find out more...

Life is too precious... We have infinite moments and maybe even feelings but we have finite times to make those memories which we carry for a lifetime... Why must we spend time in writing a story that is safe which means nothing to us and brings out no strange and unknown feelings instead of taking the risk of being maybe even politically incorrect and unsure and have something that immerses the reader in the word for maybe those few hours or minutes... It is the leap of faith...

The one thing I know of and believe in more than anything else is words... Words can change the world... Or atleast raise enough eyebrows to have people change the world... One of those rare moments where I draw from spiritual knowledge, but duty is above anything else... It is my duty to be a writer...

So I shall choose to not say what I know you want to hear... I would continue to try and surprise you and maybe even shock you... As a writer/poet... this is my leap of faith... That raised eyebrow and a small thought in your head is my leap of faith... Don't stop asking questions... Its the only thing worth asking...

Take a risk and have the guts to be different and not let the world convince you that you are alone... We all have our different facets... Be honest enough to indulge in them... Take the leap...

Until later...

Cheers,

D Quintessential Wasp

No comments:

Post a Comment