Monday, October 4, 2010

Run Baby Run...




Memory has never been good to me, happens when you erase most of your memories one day, just put them in a box and call it Pandora.

Selective memory is a great thing most of the times, except when you really need to remember something, even keep focusing on it for hours, like that song you can't get around recognizing or the name of that person you swore you would always remember.

Memory comes and goes for me and a while ago I stopped trying to control it, just let it be like that small bit of furniture that just lies around without any purpose or utility and maybe even ever being touched during its whole existence. But when it is a great thing is when your friends remind you of that big fight or angry moment you had and you just can't place it and after a while you would get around to not wanting to place it, take life as seriously as it is meant to be taken...

But its random memories that really end up making the most impact, something that never occurred to you then that it might mean so much. Only on looking back do we realize some of the key moments that shaped us, and this is where the trouble is, my memory continues to play hide and seek every now and then. But once in a while, it so happens that you are going through a moment and you know you will always remember it. It is kind of like taking pictures of things you want to remember, and as for the things you can never forget, taking a picture doesn’t even occur at that moment.

I remember that evening when I sat in the field of my college… I cannot keep breaking myself to repair what others broke… when I slept in a train for 20 hours non-stop visiting my friend when college was almost over… that night when I met a stranger who spoke of love… that morning when I hugged you never wanting to let go for once… the night when I could feel your eyes on me whenever I would look the other way…

Some moments just stick… like some people, who just get under your skin and never leave… and the great thing about selective memory is that in between a moment, you can choose to just switch your mind off and drop everything to Pandora and just run…

And thats the thing about Pandora… you need to run to remember what you’re coming back for…

2 comments: